The client is a leading retailer in the US, who now uses a real-time software solution for retail management. This solution aims to integrate various functions within the organization such as Point of Sale (POS), inventory management, warehouse, distribution center, allocation, e-commerce, data mining, and advanced reporting.
- These technologies increased the system size on the server, and affected the performance.
- The application code was unorganized, which required more resources for management.
- There were no unit testing case frameworks used for the application.
- The overall maintenance costs of the system increased due to the above-mentioned factors.
- Mean Stack
- AngularJS 2.0
- Jasmine Karma
- LESS framework
- An in-depth analysis of the application code for user interface was conducted by our team.
- A recommendation was made to use technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, AngularJS 2.0, Node.js, jasmine karma, grunt, and gulp for faster and better results.
- he application was remodeled according to AngularJS 2.0 framework.
- Most of the components were reused to while adding new features to the application. This helped in improving the application performance.
- Implementation of tools such as karma and jasmine helped automate the unit testing as well as maintain the highest standards of coding.