Did you know?
Almost 50% of retailers agreed that the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the adoption of cloud in eCommerce. (Source: Hosting Tribunal)
Cloud computing has emerged as a perfect pick-me-up for many eCommerce businesses around the world due to the various high-performance advantages that it offers. Here’s how cloud computing services are addressing the most annoying problems for modern-day eCommerce businesses and is giving them a competitive edge.
Commonly faced problems by eCommerce businesses today:
There are many challenges that a modern-day eCommerce business faces. Good news is that most of these challenges or hurdles could be easily addressed with cloud. Rapidly evolving demand, unpredictable market situations and trends, the pressing need to scale up and down, site performance issues, security issues, etc. are some core issues that eCommerce businesses are experiencing at the moment.
- Winning customer trust and loyalty: Same with any other business model, people are most likely to buy from an eCommerce store if they trust the brand or company. An eCommerce business that fails to instill trust in the minds of its target audience and customers is as good as dead. App failure or site breakdown affects user experience, eventually leading to loss of trust.
- Dealing with multiple systems: Various technical aspects go into building a top-notch eCommerce site, journey and experience. This includes the quality of the website, its speed, security of financial transactions (payment gateways), safety and security of customer data (data protection/data privacy), and more. Consumers today expect more from online businesses in terms of convenience and security. Now, this puts immense pressure on eCommerce business owners to focus more on technical aspects of running an online store and this includes data privacy, server issues, security issues, dynamic IP address, etc. This can lead to an inferior customer experience on the site.
- Lack of collaboration among departments: Collaboration is the key. Lack of cooperation between several departments of an eCommerce company can result in discrepancies in inventory, delivery, supply chain, payment processing, security, data management and more.
- Problems with personalization: Without the right customer information, it is next to impossible for an eCommerce store to provide personalized user experiences to its customers. Failing to track and gather customer data such as buying history, purchase patterns, website navigation, etc. makes it difficult to offer tailored and personalized shopping experiences.
How cloud computing services are helping eCommerce businesses overcome these challenges?
- Unified management of systems: Instead of dedicating resources such as labor, cost and time to address technical issues that occur when running an online store, investing in cloud-based solutions can help take off the heat. Besides hosting an eCommerce website, a reliable cloud computing services provider will provide support for server or bandwidth issues, security issues, data privacy and much more. This means that eCommerce business owners do not have to deal with issues pertaining to site, the safety of customer data, security of payments, and so on.
- Trust building: It takes time for an eCommerce brand or website to win the trust of its audience. However, with cloud-based solutions, this can be achieved in less time. By showing your visitors or potential customers that your eCommerce site is backed with cloud-based technology from a reputed company such as Salesforce, Amazon, or Google, you put your customers at ease when it comes to reliability and safety of shopping at your e-store. Eureka! Customer loyalty and trust.
- Business intelligence: A modern-day cloud-based eCommerce platform or solution provides intelligent insights pertaining to customers. This will help you make better decisions to retain customers, spot trends on the go and drive revenue. This data will go a long way in helping your eCommerce business to provide highly personalized and seamless customer experiences.
- Collaboration: Cloud technology facilitates seamless collaboration. People from several departments and levels can securely share and store information.
Moving to the cloud is a great step for an eCommerce business to get a competitive edge while addressing all the above-mentioned challenges and hurdles.
Over the past few years, cloud has emerged as an indispensable and go-to solution for a growing number of eCommerce businesses around the world to achieve competitive edge, substantial growth and provide personalized experiences to their consumers. In fact, cloud has become an integral part of digital transformation for many online businesses in recent years.
We at Futurism help eCommerce businesses adopt cloud in a painless and cost-iterative manner. Be it cloud enablement, cloud eCommerce marketplace design and development, cloud application migration and platform support, cloud identity management security, or cloud management services, our expertise in cloud computing spans across all-things cloud. We are AWS Web Service Partner, Google Cloud Platform Partner, Microsoft Azure Partner, VMWare partner, and more.
Be it achieving scalability, speed, saving costs, driving revenue and improving security for your eCommerce business, our cloud computing services for eCommerce industry can help you with everything. Get in touch with our eCom cloud expert now. Call +1 (732) 790-2938 or drop a note here.